For the past several weeks, I’ve been working with the folks over at 4Me with an aim to integrate ConnectNow and enable Requests to be logged right within ConnectNow. We already do this with Cherwell and Jira, and are always looking to expand.
4Me stood out due to its wonderfully easy REST API. These things are everywhere these days – ConnectNow is built on similar technology, but sometimes the documentation isn’t up to scratch, or the implementation wasn’t thought through. Not so with 4Me. Within a matter of days, we were successfully logging Requests, but we weren’t satisfied. As with our other integrations, we always want to go deeper.
We need to go deeper
4Me implements a system that puts us in mind of ConnectNow’s multiple Business Area architecture, whereby a single instance of 4Me can have child “Support Domains” that each have their own Requests and data associated to them. Similar to how ConnectNow can have IT and HR on board, both with their own settings and agents. This let us marry these two methodologies in to something awesome.
ConnectNow can be mapped not only to a standard, single instance, but can be dynamically mapped to each of the 4Me Support Domains with just a few mouse clicks and key strokes. By default, an entire ConnectNow Business Area (like the IT Service Desk) is linked to a 4Me Support Domain, logging all chats to that target. However, each of the Area’s Skillsets can override this and link elsewhere, allowing us to route queries through to different scopes within 4Me just as dynamically as we do with ConnectNow. This creates a significant amount of flexibility, right out of the box.
Let’s explain using two examples
Imagine that we have a large IT Service Desk to support its clients. This organisation supports multiple different products, each product having its own Skillset in ConnectNow. For each of these products, there’s a 4Me Support Domain. Each ConnectNow Skillset can be mapped to the relevant Support Domain, ensuring the generated Request falls in the right place.
Another example would be where an organisation is using ConnectNow to support to support multiple different Clients, using a Business Area for each Customer, ensuring they’re ring-fenced from each other. Again, our 4Me instance has a Support Domain for each of these Customers. ConnectNow’s Business Areas can be mapped as a whole to a Support Domain, achieving the desired effect with minimum effort.
Designed for Maximum Flexibility with Minimum Effort
As with all things in ConnectNow, the goal is to add huge amount of value, whilst simultaneously easing the workload and experience of our users. Having extensive experience working at a Service Desk, we know where the pitfalls are.
- As much information is inferred and automated as possible, meaning the Agent has less steps to get a ticket logged and is only asked for those mandatory fields we can’t auto-fill.
- Ticket references are sync’d between the two systems, including historic Chats – never lose previous interactions again, no matter how long the chain.
- Attachments are copied over to 4Me.
- Existing 4Me tickets can be updated automatically.
- Customer is automatically located in 4Me, the Agent is prompted to search if not found.
- Include SMS and WhatsApp (beta) alerts to the customer (if you aren’t using 4Me’s automated alerts already!)
- Easy Admin UI to alter the ConnectNow Area / Skillset <> Support Domain Mappings